Cologne Marathon - Darn it!

Slowly I start believing that this is a mental issue. I am missing yet another race due to a cold. It is the second this year and I don't even remember how many I missed over the last years.

It's not the biggest surprise on earth - taking the fact that I had to prepare for the race in Europe with the constant pleasure of rain and sunshine swapping places 10 times a day and running and racing through a mere 5-10 degree. Add a couple of sick nephews and nieces and ready is your cold cocktail.

I am surprised I even made it this long without catching it myself.

Now it is a lot of tea, garlic, herbs and watching television for me to get back on track asap and not to miss too much training so I can race either Munich Marathon or a local mountain marathon next weekend. I really don't like sitting on my butt and it is even worse after a week of tapering. I really, really want to be out there again.

Time for me to cook some more tea. Catch up with you soon!

Rock n' Roll!

Till

0 comments: