Pro Race Report - ITU Pro Jenna Shoemaker

Here is another fun race report from our friend and ITU Pro Triathlete Jenna Shoemaker. Girl-You Rock!


Hi!

Today, I raced at the USA Triathlon Pro National Championships in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. As the last ITU race I have on my calendar for the season, I wanted to just go for it - as a celebration of all of my hard work and the great strides that I have made this season. It was a beautiful day with lower humidity than expected and temperatures in the mid-80s. The swim strung out the field and made it a very tough and tactical day for all of us. But, a strong run (2nd fastest split - 35:40) earned me a silver medal and my fourth podium performance of the season. My 2nd place finish also crowned me Champion in the 2009 USA Twenty-12 Elite Series.

Now, I head back to Austin, Texas for a few days before making the trip to Chicago for the Lifetime Fitness Series race being held there on Sunday August 30th.

Be on the look out later this week for a more complete race report as well as some photos from the event!
Thank you so much for all of your support!!!

Best,
Jenna


0 comments: